Government Support for Small Business January 2022
Posted on January 10, 2022
The Ontario Government announced on January 7, 2022 that they are providing a $10,000 grant payment for eligible small businesses.
- restaurants and bars
- indoor sports and recreational fitness activities
- racing venues, casinos, bingo halls, and gaming establishments
- meeting or event spaces
- tour and guide services
- performing arts venues and cinemas
- museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centers, landmarks, historic sites, and botanical gardens
- conference centers and convention centers
- driving instruction for individuals
- before and after school programs
Eligible businesses that qualified for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant and that are subject to closure under the modified Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen will be pre-screened to verify eligibility and will NOT need to apply to the new program. Newly established and newly eligible small businesses will need to apply once the application portal opens in the coming weeks. Small businesses that qualify can expect to receive their payment in February.
The Ontario Business Costs Rebate Program will begin on January 18, 2022 and a complete list of eligible businesses will be provided prior to the launch of the portal. Under the Rebate Program, eligible businesses required to close for indoor activities, such as restaurants and gyms, etc., will receive a rebate payment equivalent to 100 per cent of their costs. Those required to reduce capacity to 50 per cent, such as smaller retail stores, will receive a rebate payment equivalent to 50 per cent of their costs.